The National Panhellenic Conference is an umbrella organization for twenty-six women's sororities nationwide. Lehigh University's Panhellenic Council, often referred to as Panhellenic or Panhel, oversees the nine Panhellenic chapters located on our campus. For more information about Lehigh's Panhellenic sororities, visit the Chapters page.
the panhellenic creed
We, as undergraduate members of women's fraternities, stand for good scholarship, for guarding of good health, for maintenance of fine standards, and for serving, to the best of our ability, our college community. Cooperation for furthering fraternity life, in harmony with its best possibilities, is the ideal that shall guide our fraternity activities. We, as fraternity women, stand for service through the development of character inspired by the close contact and deep friendship of individual fraternity and Panhellenic life. The opportunity for wide and wise human service, through mutual respect and helpfulness, is the tenet by which we strive to live.
roles of panhellenic
- Provide support and guidance to the nine Panhellenic chapters located on Lehigh's campus.
- Organize and oversee formal recruitment during the spring semester.
- Continually update Lehigh's Panhellenic Bylaws.
- Create standardized rules and procedures that are unanimously passed by all nine chapters.
- Provide an open environment to discuss campus and greek climate during Panhellenic meetings.
- Encourage all members of the Lehigh community to make recommendations to the Panhellenic community.